Samuel Arnone entered the world of music as a keyboard player in rock bands when he was a teenager and then pursued studies in classical music.
He obtained diplomas in piano, music theory, musical training, analysis and writing at Roubaix and Tourcoing conservatoires.
At the same time, he completed a master’s degree in musicology with a thesis about Igor Stravinsky’s serial period at the University of Lille 3. He has been working as a piano teacher for several music schools in Northern France and has developed a passion for image-based music composition for the last ten years. In 2016, he won first prize of the contest « Et si je devenais compositeur de musique de film ? ».
Filmography and awards :
•Music for Mr Jocelyn, for the contest « Et si je devenais compositeur de musique de film ? » which receive first prize. Short film produced for Master 2 Etudes et pratiques culturelles Contemporaines a L’Institut Européen de Cinéma et d’Audiovisuel. Réalisation : Léo Amiot / Julien Boiteux, Scénario : Kévin List, Son : Bertrand Aubriot, Montage : Pascal Richon
• Music for Sail Away, for the contest « Et si je devenais compositeur de musique de film ? » which receive first prize. Short film and animation realized for ESMA. Realisateurs / Directors : Océane Bidou, Olivier Castelli, Hugues Chauvin, Jordy Fabra et Adrian Lan Sun Luk.
• Music for Prostitué, Séquence « suédée » de Taxi Driver by Amandine Gévas in a competition organized by Arte and the company Trois fois plus.
• Music for the Festiroles Teaser since 2015
• Music for brass quintet for Noumnoum, for the Montreal contest
• Composition for the horror video game Bruxellae in partnership with the students of Saint-Luc.
• Composition for contemporary music chamber Ensemble 21 directed by Marc Collet on an animated film « The adventures of Prince Achmed »